Modern Survival was a term I first heard from Jack Spirko who is the voice of The Survival Podcast. Unfortunately survival and prepping have gotten a bad rap lately due to shows like “Dooms Day Preppers” but Jack has based The Survival Podcast on his Modern Survival philosophy which is basically whatever you do to prepare should have a positive impact on your life if times get tough or even if they don’t.
One of my favorite preps of Jack’s is his LONG TERM FUEL STORAGE system, it’s relatively inexpensive and easy to do, but you are not prepared at all I would recommend starting with storing water. It’s the second most vital resource for life beside oxygen and nobody that I know stores oxygen.
Storing water is super cheap all you have to do is start saving soda, juice, or any other decent size (One Litter Minimum) plastic bottle. Wash out the bottle with hot water and if you’re paranoid I guess you could use a diluted bleach solution to rinse the bottles. Then fill the bottle with clean water and store it away. Now if your water supply gets contaminated you will have water to drink so you don’t die of dehydration.
These “preps” as we call them in the preparedness world are designed in a way to provide a positive impact of your life if there is a natural disaster or you lose your job, either way you won’t have to stress because you are prepared.
The Guiding Concepts The Survival Podcast are Based On:
1. Debt is cancer, it is killing our economy and killing the dreams of many Americans. There may be little you can do about the total national debt but you can control your own debt. Do so now!
2. Protecting the environment is a good thing and it should be done. That said climate change is not our most immediate danger. We are not all going to die from global warming, the evidence that carbon is the cause is thin at best. The biggest cause of the green house effect is water vapor, don’t come here looking for activist environmentalism, you will be disappointed.
3. In spite of our view expressed above we are huge supporters of alternative energy such as wind and solar. Primarily because they help to provide more self sufficiency and economic long term stability. The danger of oil is its finite nature and inability to meet long term global demand.
4. Always be frugal, never be “cheap”. One protects your financial position the other always costs you more in the long run.
5. No matter what the sheeple tell you, what you do does matter and you do control your own destiny. Live life to the fullest and understand that you have more control over your life then anyone or anything else.